PE and Sports Funding
The Government has agreed to continue to provide substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and is intended for schools to help improve the quality of sport and PE for all their children. This funding is set to continue in to the 2017/2018 academic year.
2013/2014 Academic Year £ 9,925
2014/2015 Academic Year £10,105
2015/2016 Academic Year £10,102
2016/2017 Academic Year £10,091
Total Received to date £40,223
How have Emmer Green Primary used the Funding?
- Providing Opportunities for Children to compete
- The school already takes part in a number of local competitions. We feel it is important that as many children as possible have the opportunity to take part in competitive sport against other schools such as Cross Country, Quad Kids, Football, Tag Rugby and Netball. Several events take place within the school day and the funding has helped provide cover for staff to be able to take teams to these events.
- Providing Quality Resources
- The extra funding has allowed the school to purchase more equipment to be used in PE lessons to encourage full and active participation.
- Developing a Partnership with Premier Sports Limited
- We have secured a partnership with Premier Sports Limited to provide a comprehensive, flexible service to assist in the development and delivery of additional PE. These sessions currently include extra activities such as developing ball skills, Tag Rugby and Netball and will involve every year group in having additional PE sessions.
- Re-developing our Outdoor Learning Environment
- Outdoor learning is an essential part of the physical and overall development of children particularly in the early years of education. We have been able to install a purpose built outdoor learning area which will be fit for purpose for several years to come.
What impact has the spending had so far?
Emmer Green Primary children always enjoy the challenge of interschool competitions. One of our recent successes was winning a Cross Country tournament at Bradfield College.
The school is now well stocked for all the sports and activities planned for the year ahead. The introduction of additional tennis balls, netballs, volleyballs, footballs as well as cricket sets, rounders bats and team bibs has allowed full participation by the children. We have also been fortunate to have 2 new football kits paid for by parents.
The additional sessions provided by Premier Sports Limited have allowed children to participate in extra and varied activities. A hands up survey revealed that children have really enjoyed these coaching sessions and would like them to continue. We have a number of children who specifically benefit from more physical exercise and we have seen improved concentration and behaviour in lessons resulting from the additional coaching.
The newly designed outdoor learning environment has provided children with a wealth of opportunities to develop their physical skills. The area attracts significant praise from our existing and new families.
Goal Posts and Nets £ 4,190
Playground Markings £ 1,200
PE Equipment £ 2,235
Rewards £ 150
Premier Sports Coaching £ 8,575
Cover for competitions £ 1,300
Develop outdoor area £25,000
Total Spent to date £42,650
How will Emmer Green Primary School use future funding?
We plan to look at the following areas:
- Provide full Hockey Kit
- Continued partnership with Premier Sports for additional PE provision
- Review sports field for adequate facilities and shading